1. To affiliate institutions and prescribed courses of study and instructions leading to examinations conducted by it .
2. To prescribe standards for buildings and equipments of affiliated institutions .
3. To prescribe educational qualifications and other standards for the members of staff of affiliated institutions.
4. To prescribe educational qualifications for admission of students to affiliated institutions.
5. To Prescribe the manner of admission of students to affiliated institutions.
6. To conduct and publish the result of the examinations of students and awarding the diploma certificates to the successful candidates.
7. To advise the state Govt. on coordinated development of the Technical Education and Training.
Power of the Board
The board shall subject to the provisions of the "U.P. Pravidhic Shiksha Adhiniyam - 1962" and the rules made there under have all such powers as may be necessary for the discharge of its functions and the performance of its duties under this act or the rules or regulations made there under.